Spring Bird Walk
Bird Identification & Ecology Tour
Matt Tarr (UNH Cooperative Extension Wildlife Specialist) will lead a leisurely 1.5 hour walk around Graylag to identify birds by sight and sound, explain the ecology and habitat needs of the bird species we encounter, and discuss ways that landowners can improve habitat on their land to attract and support a variety of bird. Bring your binoculars and favorite birding field guide!
Where: Graylag Nature Preserve, 320 Clough Road, Pittsfield, NH
When (select one):
Thursday, May 26 at 4 pm
Thursday, June 2 at 8 am
For more information and to register, call us at (603) 435-5555 or Email »
Participants of in-person programs must review and acknowledge these expectations as a condition of participating in the activity:
- All participants must follow current state and local guidance including existing or modified safer at home/stay-at-home orders. Graylag will cancel programming as needed if such guidance changes before the date of the event.
- All participants must maintain appropriate social distance by remaining at least 6 feet apart from other trip participants during the entire field trip except for participants from the same household.
- All participants must bring face coverings/masks that cover their nose, mouth, and chin, and wear them when they are unable to or do not consistently maintain a physical distance of at least 6 feet away from those not in your immediate household.
- Participants agree to stay home if you have a fever or any symptoms of respiratory illness, or if you have been in close contact (within 6 feet of for a cumulative total of 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period) with an infected person starting from 2 days before illness onset (or, for asymptomatic persons, 2 days prior to positive specimen collection) until the time the person is isolated.
- The CDC recommends that people at higher risk of severe illness should stay home and away from large groups of people as much as possible, including public places with lots of people and large gatherings where there will be close contact with others.
- Participants must contact Graylag if they start to show symptoms and/or test positive for COVID 19 within 3 days of the event to enable contact tracing.